Stargate Universe 2x12 - Twin Destinies

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Digi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
X-fire: dadigi

Stargate Universe 2x12 - Twin Destinies

Post by Digi »

What was everybody's opinion? I thought it was another fantastic episode. Character development, action, science, and explosions. Everything that made a great episode was present. In addition to some extra supplies and equipment (double?!), Telford is back on Earth! Hooray!

Did anybody else catch the reference to SG1 that was made in the episode? +5 points to anyone who caught it.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Re: Stargate Universe 3x12 - Twin Destinies

Post by Mr. D »

Haven't watched yet. It's on my list of things to do.

But honestly a wider opinion on the series itself...the show is shit.
Costello

Post by Costello »

3x12? Wishful thinking for a third season perhaps?

It met with my satisfaction and matched the quality of the previous episode: 2x11 "Deliverance (Part 2)". However, further to Dwayne's aside, the overall approach of the show started off too dramatic and was far too character-based - often lacking the impact and punch of SG-1. I blame the writers for finding their feet half-way through their last season.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Digi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Stargate Universe 2x12 - Twin Destinies

Post by Digi »

Typo. Fixed the title topic.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

I find SGU is finally getting better as its somehow more becoming about the adventure, rather than the petty bickering, backstabbing, whining people just being Emo's.

Btw did anyone else catch the intentional or unintentional Star Trek reference?(Things that make it go). :lol:
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

Digi wrote:What was everybody's opinion? I thought it was another fantastic episode. Character development, action, science, and explosions. Everything that made a great episode was present. In addition to some extra supplies and equipment (double?!), Telford is back on Earth! Hooray!

Did anybody else catch the reference to SG1 that was made in the episode? +5 points to anyone who caught it.

So I watched the episode. It was OK. The reference was made by Lt. Scott I believe.
Digi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Digi »

Mr. D wrote:
Digi wrote:What was everybody's opinion? I thought it was another fantastic episode. Character development, action, science, and explosions. Everything that made a great episode was present. In addition to some extra supplies and equipment (double?!), Telford is back on Earth! Hooray!

So I watched the episode. It was OK. The reference was made by Lt. Scott I believe.
Ding ding ding! :geek:

He referenced "There But For The Grace of God", SG1 Episode 1x20 - the episode where they first encounter the quantum mirror.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

I recently watched all SG1. So it was fairly fresh. :P
Janeway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Janeway »

Costello wrote:3x12? Wishful thinking for a third season perhaps?

It met with my satisfaction and matched the quality of the previous episode: 2x11 "Deliverance (Part 2)". However, further to Dwayne's aside, the overall approach of the show started off too dramatic and was far too character-based - often lacking the impact and punch of SG-1. I blame the writers for finding their feet half-way through their last season.
I tried watching SG-1 and it was painful to watch until they went seeking the Ancients and found the Ori. Also, the movies were acceptable although I never saw the original but from what I've seen many people say, whoever plays Colonel/General/Rank Here O'Neill is no Richard Dean Anderson. So, holding SG-1 up as the standard for SGU to meet is not something I would do as I think it far surpassed it. However, Atlantis, Atlantis is another story. The day SGU is as good as Atlantis will [hopefully] be the day it gets a third season.
Signed,
Lieutenant Commander Janeway
Task Force One, Third Fleet
United Federation of Planets
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

90's Stargate movie starred Kurt Russell.