Name: IceManHG
Game: Bridge Commander KM 1.0 Mod
Map/System: Unknown
Ship: Rhode Island, Prometheus
Allies:[UFP]Evoxnes, [UFP] Mvermi, [UFP] Data.Jr
Opponents: =DD=Hawkeye, =DD=Smith, =DD=Fixer, SAW Shady

Length of Battle: 1 hour 15 minutes

This is how it all started...

I logged into the UFP forums and MSN after a long day of work and school. Admiral Evoxnes showed me a link to a post he had just posted of the DD forums. In the post they where advertising thier "Submit or Die" campaign. We talked for a little bit, then Evox suggested a game of BC. I agreed.

I was very curious whether or not DD would dare fire on ships that where displaying clan tags. From reading thier forums for a little while I saw that they targeted non clan players only. This was about to change. I logged into TS just in time to hear that a DD server was up. So we all decided to take the plunge and see what was going on.

I choose a Rhode Island and found myself in space. The DD players where flying against each other. Data Jr offered a friendly greeting. I also recommended that we all go to yellow alert to disable our weapons. I didnt want there to be any accidental firing. We didnt know what DD's intention was.

Data Jr's greeting

This changed quickly when =DD=Fixer said the phrase that started this whole mess.

My Rhode Island on yellow alert as Fixer announces the "submit or die" BS.

Right after he said this, DD opened fire on the UFP and started the war. Here are the first shots fired.

=============================================================
What resulted next will go down in UFP legend. An Epic hour and 15 minute battle.
=============================================================

My initial ship was the Rhode Island. Since we had excellent comms over TeamSpeak we where able to coordinate our fire against specific targets. Very soon we started getting kills. Here is my first and only kill in the Rhode Island. For the rest of the battle I decided to use the Prometheus. This proved to be a wise choice, especially after DD began using the Cardassian Hybrid god ships.

At this point DD where still using normal Federation ships like the Eximius, Sovereign, and Prometheus. But after a few more kills on our side, the server "crashed". We waited a few min to see if it woud come back up, and it did. We jumped back into the fray only to be greeted by the DD idiots saying that we where lagging up the server. This happened two more times. As soon as we started getting more kills than them, they would crash the server. In reality they where disconnecting it to reset the scoreboard. We got tired of this after the 3rd time and decided to host our own server to see if they still wanted to continue getting thier asses kicked.

They sure did!

They joined our server and brought in a SAW ally. This the first appearance of the Cardassian Hybrid ships that the DD idiots would use for the rest of the battle.

These ships are considered God ships. The positron beams that they fire can rip apart a 100% green shielded Prometheus in seconds. Here are some more shots from the battle.

Here is one of my faviorites, me killing the big mouthed leader of the Devil Dogs, Hawkeye. I killed him multiple times during the battle.

During this portion of the battle SAW Shady started firing on our ships. Here he is in his Intrepid attacking my ship. This proof that SAW is not friendly with the UFP. It was a good move to terminate our NAP with them.

Here is the result of SAW Shady's attack. He was totally destroyed multiple times during the battle.

Notes:

A.The battle was very tough at times, Mvermi was experiences computer issues for 3/4 of the battle but he was able to finally log in and kick ass. DD showed thier true colors and total lack of BC gaming skill by having to resort to Hybrids to get any kills. They totally abandoned any balanced ships. The only one on thier team to use other ships during the 2nd half of the battle was SAW Shady. It seems to me that he was making himself bait by flying normal ships and trying to harrass us into attacking him and ignoring the Hybrids. This did not work.

B. Data Jr and Admiral Evoxnes also discovered that the sensors on the Hybrid are especially vulnerable to attack. So for future encounters, attack the sensors for best results.

C. Teamspeak communications where invaluable during this battle. Without comms we would have had a very difficult time in coordinating fire and calling out targets. No complicated battle plan was needed, and those usually break down within seconds during combat. The most effective method is for 1 person to call out which target to attack and for the other people to acknowledge and attack that target. It took us more time to kill individual targets if we each did our own thing. Concentrating fire is key to a succesfull resolution. Also we did not clog TS up with useless chatter, everyone was too busy fighting and calling out targets to worry about other crap. If you where destroyed, then you where destroyed. We took it and came back as soon as possible.

D. All the training sessions that Alpha squadron has been holding on teamwork paid off. Every officer who was in the server followed orders, adapted to the fluid situation and kicked ass.

E. There where neutral combatants in the server with us. These guys helped attack DD and SAW. The only problem was they kept on getting killed.

Here is the final score tally for UFP officers. This is not counting the 3 other DD servers that "crashed".

I would like to congratulate every officer who participated in this battle. You have made UFP and 3rd Fleet proud.

Starfleet Rear Admiral Evoxnes
Lieutenant Data Jr
Lieutenant JG Mvermi

I would be honored to fly with you anytime...anywhere.

*Salute*
Last edited by IceManHG on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Data

Post by Data »

[quote]I would be honored to fly with you anytime...anywhere.

*Salute*[/quote]

Anytime Capt.

good BR, but not to sound picky, I think it was I who mentioned the sensor thing. The least likely person to since I HATE IT. But yeah, thought I'd kinda mention that. :p
IceManHG
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by IceManHG »

Fixed. Kind of hard to remember every detail in a battle that long. Thanks for pointing it out.

Data

Post by Data »

hey, I know what ya mean. I was haggard.
Siberian Tiger
Rear Admiral (Ret.)
Rear Admiral (Ret.)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Excellent!