Stargate Universe 2x12 - Twin Destinies

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Digi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
X-fire: dadigi

Re: Stargate Universe 2x12 - Twin Destinies

Post by Digi »

I didn't begin watching SG1 until the switch from Showtime to SciFi (circa 2003/season 6), and I hadn't seen the movie either. First episode was Watergate. Marina Sirtis was a big attention grabber, as by that time I had just finished watching all of the TNG episodes. After that episode, I was hooked. I eventually saw the movie. You have to keep an open mind, especially considering the movie was made in '94.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

I honestly don't know of any show that starts out well in the first season or three. However, once a series gets the ax, it's next to impossible in bringing it back. The only survivable chance is that another network picks it up. Unless your like Fox...get rid of it, see how well it did and get jealous, steal it back.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Digi wrote:I didn't begin watching SG1 until the switch from Showtime to SciFi (circa 2003/season 6), and I hadn't seen the movie either. First episode was Watergate. Marina Sirtis was a big attention grabber, as by that time I had just finished watching all of the TNG episodes. After that episode, I was hooked. I eventually saw the movie. You have to keep an open mind, especially considering the movie was made in '94.
SG1 and SGA did have A LOT of Trek guest stars. :mrgreen:
Not to mention a lot of Star Trek references such as the new fighter having phasers or McKay calling Sheperd for "Captain Kirk" :lol:
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain
X-fire: EVOXSNES

Post by EVOXSNES »

Was good but did anyone else catch how the actual reveal of another destiny seemed to fizzle out?

I guess it might be me but im accustomed to some mystery and not to have it all just thrown into my lap like that.