Bridge Commander 2

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Adam
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Bridge Commander 2

Post by Adam »

I agree. I can't see how they can really deliver what they are promising without the budget and resources of a full, professional development team. It's a good idea but if you ever browse through moddb you can see how many grand projects have been cancelled or faded into oblivion over the years.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

I doubt Excalibur will have any kind of story at all to speak of.
Because as i understand it its a Starship "simulator"

And lets be honest, the bulk of the BC community has never been very singleplayer centric.
The Majority of the major mods out there are incompatible with BC singleplayer.
Its pretty much multiplayer and quickbattle where it always been at.

All in all theres nothing i want more right now than a game with "Bridge Commander Gameplay" and modern visuals.
Because good old BC just is not that visually impressive anymore.

And frankly, i am a little disturbed that any of our officers would want any new Star Trek game to fail.
Adam
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Adam »

Taken from the Excalibur forums -
Q. Will there be Multiplayer Support?
A. This is being considered, but isn't a priority.
From what I gather, the Excalibur project is dedicated solely to creating a single player campaign and a skirmish mode. Which is either great or terrible, depending on which way you look at it.
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Post by Carbonizer »

I want it to fail so that the Trek Gaming community can go back to doing what it does best.

Gaming
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Carbonizer wrote:I want it to fail so that the Trek Gaming community can go back to doing what it does best.

Gaming
But one can't exactly game without games you know.
And without new games this community isnt going to get any bigger. :roll:
nick20050
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nick20050 »

He's right without new games the community will not grow so don't say the game should fail that is just rude. I think that these guy who making excalibur should take their time get the game done right so it won't have as many bugs as Star Trek Legacy did
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

nick20050 wrote:He's right without new games the community will not grow so don't say the game should fail that is just rude. I think that these guy who making excalibur should take their time get the game done right so it won't have as many bugs as Star Trek Legacy did

It's not rude to say it should fail. This specific community would grow if it opened it's doors to other non-trek games. It will be inevitable.

As for Excalibur, it's been in the making for quite sometime. As someone said before me, look at ModDb. You'll see all kinds of fail.
nick20050
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nick20050 »

I see what your getting at but still never hope for a game to fail and they just got the galaxy class ready so I just hope they do a good job. Just look at Duke Nuke Forever it is coming out in may so take your time I say that way we get a better game.