Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Invincible - Battle Report 34 - DD Ownage

Post by Invincible »

Name: Invincible
Game: Bridge Commander KM 1.0 Mod
Map/System: Unknown
Ship: Rhode Island
Allies: USS Bismark, [SF]Deadulas (for the final minutes, [UFP]Spock)
Opponents: =DD=SamSmith=B4, =DD=Falcon=MG, =DD=Sparrow=A3

DD had a server up called "SUBMIT OR DIE," which, unfortunately, was full when I first saw it. On the off chance of a DD player somewhere, I noticed their server had a spot free some thought I'd go and give them a taste of [UFP]. I immediately spawned in a Rhode Island and set my sights on their first target: Sparrow. I don't recall exactly what ship he was in, but spent most of the time in a Hybrid so assume it was that. Anyway, I went strait for the sensors as we had practiced in that night's training session. He was quickly dispatched so then turned my attention to SamSmith, who was flying around quite merrily in his Lakota:

[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/Baxman01/dd/ScreenShot048.jpg[/IMG]

I targetted his core, and with a little help from Bismark, I believe it was, he was soon vanquished as his shields and systems fell and for some reason he failed to switch to Quantum torpedoes. As I gotthe kill, a torret of abuse came my way and he swore to kill me for destroying him.

I then went after Falcon's clumbersome Excalibur class, which was also being fired on my Deadulas. It had clearly spent a long time engaged as its sytems were weakening. I targetted its sensors and instructed my allies to do the same in the hopes of removing the threat quickly and swiftly. Unfortunately at this point, I had attracted the attention of his two other DD colleagues who had decided I looked like fun target practice. I evaded many of the Hybrid's torpedoes but was soon destroyed as I was overwhelmed by the torrent of fire from a Lakota, a Hybrid and then an Excal.

I respawned and still had a positive kill to death ratio and went strait for the Excalibur, determined to destroy it and show them that noob ships just don't work. In the meantime, Bismark had engaged Sparrow, who had SDed before he was destroyed to avoid his opponents gaining points. I swung in on the Excalibur and smashed everything I had into him; he soon blew up.

[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/Baxman01/dd/ScreenShot049.jpg[/IMG]

The battle raged on, and after that my kill to death ration was more like 1.3, as a result of taking more fire from SamSmith and Falcon, and in turn a torrent of abuse from Smith as he SDed repeatedly to avoid destruction at my hands. Unfortunately, I did not play perfectly here and found my self destroyed on several occassions, although I sufficiently irritated the Excalibur pilot as he couldn't seem to destroy my plucky little Rhode Island.

It was ashame my allies did not know how to take on DD's ships, as they were often killed due to poor attack patterns against an Excalibur or unsure of the best way to go about taking out a Hybrid; this is what ultimately stopped my team finishing on top in the engagement as DD would often take killes at a 1:1 ratio.

Mister Spock soon joined as another space opened up and we set to work, intent on destroying DD and taking the lead through concentrated teamwork. We started with the guy in first place, Falcon, I believe and once he was destroyed, moved onto Sparrow. We started to make headway and DD could not figure out what to do with us so closed the server whilst they were still ahead, robbing us of a clear victory.

Conclusions: Who are these 'DD' fellows?
htdefiant
Vice Admiral (Ret.)
Vice Admiral (Ret.)

Post by htdefiant »

Well done.