Fleet Admiral's Address

This forum is for announcements from [UFP] to the Star Trek community.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Costello

Fleet Admiral's Address

Post by Costello »

Greetings honourable guests, officers of this fleet, allies and enemies of the state.

It is with due diligence that the Constitution of the United Federation of Planets empowers its subjects to excel and inspire as Star Trek gamers and we as humble members of this truly elite group of adept pilots, tacticians and academics hold our leaders to account. Through prosperity and peace, through hardship and full-scale war we must not show only our veneration to our former leaders, but our thanks, for they have steered the course of this glorious fleet to our current position of dominance, surviving tempestuous waters and the harshest of climates through a delicate yet masterful blend of leadership, duty and love for this fleet and its members.

Be it through a masterful stroke of creativity, or an ability to put glory into bureaucracy; or a commanding presence, resilient and inexorable in the face of enemies and adversity; or a sense of duty and obligation, to keep the peace and unite us all; or through a hardened discipline combined with a sense of patriotism to keep the United Federation of Planets blessed and pure; we offer our appreciation.

Let us stand to attention to salute our Fleet Admirals, Jesse, Picard, Exeter and of course TParis. Some of whom even now, continue to contribute to this fleet long after the expiration of their tenure - that is a mark of dedication.

Fleet Admiral TParis, I appreciate bestowing your faith in me, similarly to FAF Picard. When others were prepared to see the worst in me or portray me through outmoded beliefs, you saw different. You have instilled in me a respect and admiration for humility and empathy which I believe will serve me well in my tenure. You possess a discipline few people can attest to, you were the leader [UFP] needed: a sentinel and guardian of this fleet and its finest traditions.

During this exciting time this fleet must unfortunately pay a solemn farewell to Fleet Admiral TParis but also Admiral Alexraptor as they both retire from active duty. Through my honest appraisal, I cannot think a more dedicated vanguard. [UFP] truly loses a vital source of experience from the retirement of Alexraptor. For years as Fleet Executive, you have served this fleet adeptly and with an exemplary capacity to empathise and command, consistently at the forefront of Trek gaming. Such loyalty and dedication will be nigh-impossible to replace.

I joined [UFP] in 2007, it was a very different time and I was a very different person; naïve, overconfident but spirited, enthusiastic. My friend purchased Starfleet Command III for me as a birthday present and as shortly as I discovered the internet, I soon discovered [UFP]. I posted an oath and never looked back - I had no idea what this decision on a whim would turn out to be.

I have spilled blood online with people I will gladly call friends, I have took part in huge fleet battles and great wars and skirmishes, I have watched people grow from timid Ensigns to bold and skilled Admirals and have vanquished enemy CO’s skilfully and expeditiously. [UFP] harnessed correctly as a tool for personal growth, and constant entertainment in social circles is invaluable. I have met some of you in person, bowled and downed pints beside you.

My career here has lasted longer than girlfriends, college education and periods of employment. I am entirely loyal to it and have championed the fleet’s values time and time again despite often crossing the line. I have moved from Rear Admiral to Cadet and back again, I have experienced nearly every facet of this fleet and it has been a stable commitment throughout my life - a little oasis of escapism to benefit my personal commitments, if you will. A dependable respite.
I am extremely humbled and grateful to accept the charge as Commander of the United Federation of Planets, and the second Fleet Admiral to have begun as a Cadet in the fleet. This truly reinforces the belief that anyone can become the leader of this fleet if he or she is willing and able.
Picard wrote:Ah yes, a small note for Rear Admiral Costello who needed some love. Costello you do not need any self-esteem boost so I'm just going to tell you that you're awesome and very much have the potential to one day take command of this fleet and take it to a level of never-seen greatness. Yes, I am talking about 18th century British greatness.
Picard foreshadowed this in March of 2010. Now it is time for me to deliver. I will deliver this fleet to a paragon of achievement. With great style and ingenuity we shall establish our pre-eminence and will silence those who dare to question it.

• I will continue to work with others on the website: I can with pleasure say that the index page is nearing completion and forum integration has already been achieved. Watch this space, under my tenure [UFP] will have a new image - one to show our allies and enemies that we are by no means dormant, but a roaring Mt. St. Helens awaiting a pivotal moment to show our potential force. Our web image already puts other clans to shame.
  • I swear to restore this fleet’s glory and presence within the community. Our name will no longer be a nostalgic footnote but a name to remember and fear once more. Under my charge we will be battle-ready and marshalled like a Tudor stronghold, glorious in all matters temporal and spiritual. Diplomacy will become a more integral unit, I will employ people I can rely upon to promote our fleet, we do great things at [UFP], and I want more people to know about them.
  • Gaming activity is a contested issue; I will be working alongside Church to keep tabs on both sides of the coin. I will personally take responsibility for legacy gaming and Church will make sure our STO forces are trained, active and out there promoting our great matter.
  • All departments will receive a thorough review; I will be looking at what works and what frankly does not. It is apparent that removing them serves no purpose but having ones that lack a defined mandate is also a problem we must address. I am aware some have reservations over the formation of the Logistics department, but I ask you to be patient, this experiment has already informed me greatly and will continue to do so.
  • As it is long overdue I will be consulting with Jesse on the [UFP] legislation, as well as the JAG in part, to restore our policies back to their original lustre.
    I will be taking an active role in keeping tabs on everyone, and will continue the practice of TParis to hold fortnightly meetings on TeamSpeak to address concerns and hear the input of fellow officers. I will also work to ensure fairness and equality. I am aware certain people can be lax towards tolerance of others and I will not accept it, and I will not be as lenient as my predecessor.
  • I will make sure this fleet has a Council that supports it and is active in all of the areas it should be. I have seen the injustice this fleet has felt because of those that inhabit the ivory tower and now I am the head of it, I will make sure I get the best out of my Councilors.
    Ultimately, I will be guided by the divinity of our Constitution as I work to develop a greater fleet alongside you all. I expect to be held to account to these promises.

I won the vote for Fleet Admiral marginally, my competition, Rear Admiral Church, was not only worthy but superior in many aspects, specifically the Star Trek Online domain. It is my pleasure and honour to add these strengths to my Executive Committee.
  • Rear Admiral Church is hereby promoted to full Admiral and will from this date forth hold the second seat as the Fleet Executive. I do not want to hear any concern unless Admiral Church hears it first.

When I am indisposed, Church will be the Fleet Admiral for all intents and purposes and I expect him to be treated in such a manner.
  • Due to Alexraptor’s departure I hereby strip Divison Rear Admiral Carbonizer’s rank and promote him to the rank of Rear Admiral.

The faith shown in him by the Council and myself warrants this promotion in rank, and the appointment to the 6th seat in the Council of Admirals.
  • Rear Admiral Himble is hereby promoted to Vice Admiral.

In token of which, Vice Admiral Himble is moved up to the 3rd seat.
  • Due to my ascension, I must relinquish the post of Chief of Operations. Starfleet Rear Admiral Digi will take my place.

He will also retain the command of Logistics until it is on his feet. His newfound power will allow him to shape it accordingly.
  • Rear Admiral PooperScooper will take command of First Fleet, and Division Rear Admiral BobO369 will serve as XO.

There are many additional changes to come in the approaching months. This is an exciting time for [UFP].
In closing I promise to this fleet that I will serve you to the best of my ability, guided by my peers and the sanctity of our Constitution, championing our values and our purity in gaming to achieve my goals in making the United Federation of Planets impressive once more.

Now, I have hired the penthouse of the Waldorf Astoria and numbers #1 - #20 from FHM’s top 100 sexiest women are sure to be in attendance. I’ve arranged limousines complete with an 1864 Bollinger at the guest house where I invite you all to stay until you are driven to attend the first ever Fleet Admiral party.

Gentlemen, if you aren’t snorting Absinthe off Keeley Hazel’s bosoms by midnight then we’re not getting off to a great start.

My friends have spent years building this fleet and I am truly blessed to continue its development.

Long live the United Federation of Planets!
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Re: Fleet Admiral's Address

Post by Shroombuck »

I am most pleased our new Fleet Admiral is British.

I feel it is only decent and proper.
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Post by Carbonizer »

Thank you Fleet Admiral. I will serve [UFP] with the same dedication I showed in my early days and as I have done all through my time here.

Congratulations also to yourself and the others.

/Salutes
Digi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
X-fire: dadigi

Post by Digi »

Congratulations, and thanks!
Silverado
X-fire: silverado679

Post by Silverado »

I seriously need a couple shots of Patron Silver and a stiff glass of Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch Whiskey after reading all these lengthy posts today lol...

Mr Costello if you would be so kind as to send the UFP Private jet to pick me up at Detroit metro airport in Michigan so i may attend this upcoming celebration.....

Ill bring my well seasoned Humidor complete with Cuban cigars
Janeway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Janeway »

Congratulations, Fleet Admiral. I really am going to have to get used to that. You have laid out a decently sized agenda that touches on the current issues of [UFP] and I hope you follow through. Of course, I don't doubt that you will since you've always been one of action instead of inaction - always seemingly following through on what you say. You will be responsible for shaping [UFP]'s future in this era where we are perhaps the last of the great fleets. I wish you the best in your new position as Commander of the United Federation of Planets.

Once again, congratulations.
Signed,
Lieutenant Commander Janeway
Task Force One, Third Fleet
United Federation of Planets
TParis
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)

Post by TParis »

Congratulations Fleet Admiral Costello. I'm glad to have been given the chance to mentor you and I thank you for the respect you have shown me. You're words were very touching. I hope I have imprinted on you a bit of my leadership style and you'll be able to adapt the previous Fleet Admiral's and I into your own style. You've capability to grow is truly inspiring and your commitment to UFP despite the road blocks you've faced sets the example to others. I am, personally, very proud of you. Good luck with your plans, I truly hope the best for you and this fleet. Again, congratulations.
BobO369
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by BobO369 »

Congratulations to all. This is truly an exciting time to be in the UFP. Ok now bring in the babes! 8-)
Kelbie

Post by Kelbie »

A truely spoke British man indeed. I think this will be very interesting in the coming months, not only because your the FA but things will change, and helping boost the Star Trek games in the next few weeks :D

Jack Daniels & Woman.
Samsung 42inch Owner
Sony BDPS370 Player Owner
Samsung HT-C450 5.1 Owner
Sony PS3 1TB Owner
Samsung Galaxy S 32gb Owner
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Post by Carbonizer »

BobO369 wrote:
Congratulations to all. This is truly an exciting time to be in the UFP. Ok now bring in the babes! 8-)
Here here !