Punishment

This forum is for announcements from [UFP] to the Star Trek community.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

TParis
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)

Punishment

Post by TParis »

Attention UFP Officers, Allies, and Enemies of the State:

One of the hardest things to do as a Fleet Admiral is to punish officers that have done incredible things for the Fleet they serve. By serve, I mean an officer who has gone above and beyond to dedicate a distinctly higher level of time to improving our fleet than the average officer. Everyone makes mistakes and have momentary lack in judgment. Unfortunately, some mistakes are more visible than others.

Fleet Captain Silverado, per an investigation, it has been revealed that you used a Star Trek Bridge Commander Excaliber-class vessel, termed a "Godship". This action is a Category II offense for insubordination. Per the Code of Conduct, you are to "follow the defined rules of engagement and the orders of their superiors." You were ordered to war on January 15, 2011 and to follow the orders of Admiral IcemanHG and Admiral Costello as War Admirals. On January 16th, Admiral Costello amended my orders with battle orders of which item 3 states "Never use a godship i.e. Excalibur, Hybrid, Borg Sphere." Further, on January 16th Admiral IcemanHG amended my orders with the same warning. He said "It is against UFP war policy to use any sort of god ship during wartime." He included a list of Godships which included the Excalibur.

Your are hereby admonished. You will not use Godships without prior authorization and change in war policy from the Fleet Admiral, Council of Admirals, or the Starfleet CO (not [SF] CO). Further, you are hereby suspended 1 month time toward your next promotion. You are now promotion eligible March 1, 2011.

I regret the public method that was necessary in this situation. It must be made clear that UFP does not tolerate this behavior. I am a believer in the whole person concept. The fact that you quickly self destructed upon realizing your mistake speaks great credit to your honesty and integrity. Your prior achievements and contributions to this fleet have reflected greatly upon my decision and it is very difficult for me to issue these orders. I expect that this behavior will not happen again and you will continue to be a valuable officer to this fleet.

DISMISSED
Taylynn
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral

Re: Punishment

Post by Taylynn »

To freely admit and take the consequences that come with the punishment takes a very strong person. Silver, you are a great asset and officer to the fleet. You made a mistake and I know that you will rectify this issue.

Division Rear Admiral Taylynn
Deputy Chief of Engineers
Forum Admin
Site Development Team
Records Officer
Silverado
X-fire: silverado679

Post by Silverado »

I accept punishment for my actions of which i also accept full responsibility for. Since i now must strive harder to make up for this lapse in my 12 years of experience and better judgment. IOC better watch out because im gonna get that ass and make it mine.

*Gives Order* Helm set coarse to the Anus of space known as the IOC trash can home world. Ready weapons and boost power to shields....

*Security* Sir shall we take prisoners

*Silverado* LOL are you kidding me, we kill everything.....

*Security* Aye Sir...
Last edited by Silverado on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Post by Carbonizer »

In light of the recent chat with TParis, I feel I was lenient but your acheivements outweighed this bad point. Im sorry but it had to be done Silverado. Despite the good, of course we cant tolerate this. You all fought valiantly though. I know damn well you gave 'em hell.

R&U
Church
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Church »

Silverado is one of this fleet's finest officers. Although this was a serious error that must be punished, his acceptance of the consequences of his actions speak volumes to his character and only increase my respect for him. Even the saints make a mistake once in a while, Silverado.
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain
X-fire: EVOXSNES

Post by EVOXSNES »

Growing pains, We all have them.

They say the challenge is to better ourselves, that don't mean we wont make mistakes along the way 8-)

And i echo Church truth. Silvers character reveals itself today as we witness a man taking responsibility.
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Post by Shroombuck »

You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.

Read and understood, sir.
Threshold
Captain
Captain

Post by Threshold »

"When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long.
Take the reason of the thing into your mind, and then look forward.
Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed.
The future is yet in your power." - Phyllis Bottome