I need photoshop help

Post here if you need help with anything technology, including the [UFP] forums. Also, if you are in need of access for a certain forum, post here.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

IceManHG
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I need photoshop help

Post by IceManHG »

I have been asked by a friend to take designs like this and make the lines bolder and darker. Can something like that even be done in photoshop? This is an example of the picture in question. How do I make the lines thicker and bolder? I know the photo is pixelated but thats what I was given. I tried adjusting the levels to see if I can increase the line size that way but ive had no luck. Im at school using CS2 and I hear that CS3 has a refine edge tool so I will try that when I get home.

I dont want you guys to do it for me. I need advice about what I can do. Maybe a link to a tutorial.

Kristinia
Commander
Commander

Re: I need photoshop help

Post by Kristinia »

Let me try something with it first, and i'll get back to you
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

There is a tool which can remove a solid colour from an image, the "magic eraser". It will remove the black background and leave you with the design, to which you can add different colour hues, etc...
So, yes it can be done, and much more. If you would like a few tips on using it, you have my msn and I'm always happy to help out :)
TParis
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)

Post by TParis »

Like this?

SealSquareblue.jpg

To do this, I used to magic wand tool and I selected all the blue areas. Then I copied that into a new image. I applied a stroke effect with white (you can choose any color, any thickness, and any opacity) and presto.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Hey I didn't know you were a photoshop user TP
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Post by Carbonizer »

What TParis said. ;)
IceManHG
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by IceManHG »

TParis wrote:

To do this, I used to magic wand tool and I selected all the blue areas. Then I copied that into a new image. I applied a stroke effect with white (you can choose any color, any thickness, and any opacity) and presto.

Thanks TParis, this is exactly what I was looking for.