Censorship by Cryptic

This forum is for any information regarding new Star Trek games or multimedia.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Alexraptor

Re: Censorship by Cryptic

Post by Alexraptor »

I think your blowing the reason why you were actually banned way out of proportion.
That last topic of yours was a bad move, and the subject of it is completely irrelevant, Any topic discussing or protesting decisions of forum moderators are explicitly against the rules.
Its as if an Officer in UFP publically questioned the orders of a superior officer on the forums, which would not be tolerated.(I know, you don't pay to be here but still.)

Its a shame your posts were edited, because I am very curious as to what you actually said.
Especially since I have never experienced censorship for being Critical against Cryptic.
And there is a fine line between criticism and bashing, the later which they also do not tolerate..
BobO369
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by BobO369 »

I’ll make this simple.

1) A feedback forum is for feedback both good and bad. If you don’t want to listen to negative feedback then don’t name the forum feedback instead call it the sucking up forum!

2) Don’t make the comparison of asking for feedback to publicly questioning a superior office orders. You are not comparing apples to apples. The comparison would the same if the superior officer gave permission to everyone to speak freely then disciplined anyone that did not agree with said officer. I'm sure that would have a huge negative affect on the superior officers standing with his troops.

3) I was objecting to the closing and censorship of the original post made by another STO member that brought up the issue of Cryptic’s lack of support for the KDF side. Something that has been going one for over a year.

4) Cryptic is censoring anything that points out that they have once again backed out of what they said they were going to do for the KDF. They appear to not want to be held accountable for their own actions in this matter. Instead of just coming clean and admitting to this they have decided to try and silence all that are calling them out. If they had just manned up and said yes we have to back out of some stuff and this is why then the reaction would have been different.

5) I will always make a stand against anything that I see as wrong. I’m not a sheep and I don’t follow the pack if it goes against my values.

6) It was worth being banned by Cryptic for stating my opinion.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

BobO369 wrote:
I’ll make this simple.

1) A feedback forum is for feedback both good and bad. If you don’t want to listen to negative feedback then don’t name the forum feedback instead call it the sucking up forum!

2) Don’t make the comparison of asking for feedback to publicly questioning a superior office orders. You are not comparing apples to apples. The comparison would the same if the superior officer gave permission to everyone to speak freely then disciplined anyone that did not agree with said officer. I'm sure that would have a huge negative affect on the superior officers standing with his troops.

3) I was objecting to the closing and censorship of the original post made by another STO member that brought up the issue of Cryptic’s lack of support for the KDF side. Something that has been going one for over a year.

4) Cryptic is censoring anything that points out that they have once again backed out of what they said they were going to do for the KDF. They appear to not want to be held accountable for their own actions in this matter. Instead of just coming clean and admitting to this they have decided to try and silence all that are calling them out. If they had just manned up and said yes we have to back out of some stuff and this is why then the reaction would have been different.

5) I will always make a stand against anything that I see as wrong. I’m not a sheep and I don’t follow the pack if it goes against my values.

6) It was worth being banned by Cryptic for stating my opinion.

Oh Snap! You go girl!
Janeway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Janeway »

Alexraptor wrote: Its as if an Officer in UFP publically questioned the orders of a superior officer on the forums, which would not be tolerated.(I know, you don't pay to be here but still.)
As a member of the Council of Officers Not Willing to Suck Up to Superior Officers Every Chance We Get Because We Know Ranks Are Nothing But Images*, I beg to differ. There are times when resolving a situation privately is the best option however, sometimes more drastic measures are necessary to get a point across - such as a public display.
Signed,
Lieutenant Commander Janeway
Task Force One, Third Fleet
United Federation of Planets
Spock
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
X-fire: scorpio1224

Post by Spock »

I say we storm the Cryptic building.