New Star Trek game trailer.

This forum is for any information regarding new Star Trek games or multimedia.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

BobO369
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: New Star Trek game trailer.

Post by BobO369 »

Whiskers wrote: I agree entirely. Someone earlier mentioned a Bridge Commander 2, and I have to say I think it's probably the best bet for a successful Trek game. But I think it ought to be more than that... think Bridge Commander having a baby with Mass Effect. Think the paragon / renegade system evolved times a billion. Your actions in game should directly affect the universe in some way. Say you're sent a distress signal from a Klingon ship near a border system, but you also have to deliver urgent medical supplies to a planet in another nearby system. If you choose to save the Klingon ship, your reputation in Starfleet will be damaged, you may receive a demotion but will maintain peace with the Klingons. If you choose to save the planet, you'll gain a promotion, reputation and maybe a new ship, but it results in war between the Federation and the Klingons. Such diverse and important moral choices are a core part of Star Trek, and would make for a simply breathtaking game.

Perhaps this new game they've announced will be similar. I'm hopeful, but really doubtful.
If only this game became reality. One can only dream!
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Re: New Star Trek game trailer.

Post by Shroombuck »

BobO369 wrote:
If only this game became reality. One can only dream!
A sequel on Bridge Command will not happen or at least it will be very unlikely indeed. Considering that it was released 2002, it will be very unlikely. Yes, one can say: 'The sequel to Duke Nukem 3D took twelve years to develop' true enough, but we knew that they were in the process of developing it. Totally Games and Activision never mentioned a sequel.

It is true that it only is a matter of time before games die out, but one has to consider the fact that it also depends on the game itself and the stability of the community. If you look at the Jedi Knight series, they have been going strong for years, despite being tagged - in our terms perhaps - as legacy games. It just depends on the community and the quality of the game created. I have played the Jedi Knight series for years - first in 1995 - and it is safe to say that those series are - in my opinion at least - one of the most successful and best every created.

This is of course a whole different area - Star Trek-Star Wars - an area ashewed by many here, but it does show it is possible.