Wings of Prey

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Alexraptor

Re: Wings of Prey

Post by Alexraptor »

Point is I know what to expect from an actual simulation(and yes i have been at the controls of an actual aircraft), but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that for all your grandiose claims, neither of you have logged any hours in an actual P-51 mustang.
As far as simulators go Wings of Prey isn't one of the better ones for actual flight dynamics.

Out of curiosity have you even flown any of the missions on "realistic" or "simulation" settings?
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

Alexraptor wrote:Point is I know what to expect from an actual simulation(and yes i have been at the controls of an actual aircraft), but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that for all your grandiose claims, neither of you have logged any hours in an actual P-51 mustang.
As far as simulators go Wings of Prey isn't one of the better ones for actual flight dynamics.

Out of curiosity have you even flown any of the missions on "realistic" or "simulation" settings?
No. You are right. I have not flown a p51. I've flown planes of a more sensitive nature- cessna, piper cub, and a mooney. They aren't grand claims. It's fact. I just don't own a plane as Shroomy. That cheeky pucker.

As for WoP, I have played and am playing with realistic settings. I don't have many of the issues that you were talking about. I sent the plane in a tailspin, but that was more my fault than anything. I don't play games to see how super close to real life they can be. I play because of how fun they can be, I think WoP is a fun game. Just quite frankly, I get tired of you criticizing everything. The only thing you talk positively about consistently is STO. And STO is shit.

On a side note, I do look forward to Cliffs of Dover. US release will be around July apparently.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Clearly you have not been around me much, or else you would know i routinely criticize aspects of STO as well. :roll:
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Post by Shroombuck »

Ooh, who's flown this, who's flown that? Blah, blah and more blah! Let's cease this lame discussion who has the biggest, for it is inevitably so that yours truly does.
Alexraptor wrote:Out of curiosity have you even flown any of the missions on "realistic" or "simulation" settings?
*show-off-mode* Does flying to Kenya for a safari count as a realistic mission? *show-off-mode*
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

Alexraptor wrote:Clearly you have not been around me much, or else you would know i routinely criticize aspects of STO as well. :roll:

Then please when the next time you come to TS. I will hound you for those criticisms. :lol:
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Looks like i will have to give WoP a go again.

New Update, which patchnotes include:
Enhanced FM engine simulation (a few fixes were made, lots of planes will have more realistic FM now)
FM meaning Flight Model.
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Post by Shroombuck »

Alexraptor wrote:Looks like i will have to give WoP a go again.
That was a quick change of heart. Hehe.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

wienergobbler wrote:
Alexraptor wrote:Looks like i will have to give WoP a go again.
That was a quick change of heart. Hehe.
Not a change of heart, a willingness to see if an "update" actually improved things. :P

And I have to say both yes and no.
The spitfire finally handles more like it should, but the P-51 mustang still wants to flip over if you just as much as sneeze at it.