The X Series

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Petroph
Commander
Commander

The X Series

Post by Petroph »

Hey guys, I don't know about everyone else but I was rather fond of the X series back in the day. It was my first main space game, other than Star Trek of course, that I actually got into and understood the story despite its noticeable flaws. I was doing some research today, and found a new game in development. It's called X-Rebirth. Take a look at the trailer.

In my opinion, its about time. Though I haven't yet completed X3-Reunion and X3-Terrain Conflict due to my aging 6 year old computer that can barely handle space flight, much less huge space battles. Some of you already know, it effects my gameplay in STO as well especially in huge battles. But rest assure that that problem will be fixed sometime on the 8th of this coming month.

For those of you who are into the X series and are wondering whether or not the game will dominate your computer, some of the "PREDICTED" Recommended Specs have been put together and released.

PREDICTED Recommended System Requirments:

Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GT 330
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon X850 Series
RAM (Memory) - 3 GB
Hard Disk Space - 6 GB
Direct X - 9

Now these are just the predicted recommended system requirements, and they are subject to change at any moment as more details of the game are released.

So hopefully this gives you some info about the game. You can always look for more details on the Egosoft homepage at your leisure. Speak your thoughts about this newly announced game if you please, or if you just have the sudden urge to blast out in joy :D
matronix07
Ensign
Ensign

Re: The X Series

Post by matronix07 »

Sounds like a good game. Ive heard and seen alot of it on internet, but never tried it. I think I will give this one a shot. :ugeek:
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

IMO the X-Series is the best series of space games "ever" made.
Its far more realistic than most of them out there and no other game IMO has ever truly managed to capture the feel of space and realistic space stations.

Also loves that the game lets you do pretty much "anything"
From being a petty pirate, to a factory owner, to a trader or a smuggler or even amassing a massive armada to launch assaults on core worlds and dominate them. :twisted:
Himble
Admiral
Admiral
X-fire: Himble

Post by Himble »

I've played one of the previous X games, can't remember which one, but it didn't blow me away like some of you are suggesting.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Thats because its an extremely complex game which does not give you access to the good stuff until many hours of gameplay.
I.E massive capital ships and carrier ships and the ability to own a massive battlefleet with the power to destroy entire space stations.
Unlike the wimpy dinky fighter you start out with. :lol:
Himble
Admiral
Admiral
X-fire: Himble

Post by Himble »

Alexraptor wrote:Thats because its an extremely complex game which does not give you access to the good stuff until many hours of gameplay.
I.E massive capital ships and carrier ships and the ability to own a massive battlefleet with the power to destroy entire space stations.

Yeah, but what do you get to do with your dinky fighter. All that comes to mind is trading and grinding for hours. Just not fun to me. Maybe I missed something.
delta
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral
X-fire: ufpdelta1135

Post by delta »

Any word on a release date?
Signed,
Division Rear Admiral Delta1135
Chief of Starship Engineering
Image Image
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Himble wrote:
Alexraptor wrote:Thats because its an extremely complex game which does not give you access to the good stuff until many hours of gameplay.

Yeah, but what do you get to do with your dinky fighter. All that comes to mind is trading and grinding for hours. Just not fun to me. Maybe I missed something.
You also get to take various job contracts too.
The real lucrative ones are assasinations.
You can also fight and capture ships, and sell for tons of money to build up capital to build factories.
There are a few guides out there on how to set up self-sufficient factory chains that does everyone on its own once set up so you can earn those credits on top of the great sums for completing missions.
Petroph
Commander
Commander

Post by Petroph »

Alexraptor wrote: Yeah, but what do you get to do with your dinky fighter. All that comes to mind is trading and grinding for hours. Just not fun to me. Maybe I missed something.
lol I love scripting. If you manage to get some pretty decent scripts you can have a battleship before you even complete the first mission like I did :P. Though, you do have to know what your doing or else you mess up the whole game in general. If you ever do get back into the X games this would be something to look into. As it will get things moving faster then grinding on missions missions and conraacts just to get some decent equipment. Unfortunetly if you lose your ship, you lose it for good.
delta wrote:Any word on a release date?
Unfortunately so far no release date has been set. This comming E3 might release some teasers. With X-Rebirth the've greatly improved with there trailers. X3-Reunion and X3-Terrian Conflict has some pretty boring trailers that never really cought your eye. Just viewing this trailer was new and improved. Despite the fact there is 3 times more space traffic then the other previous X games. So this outta be interesting :P
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Mmm that reminds me i have not played Terran Conflict since i got my new Core i5 CPU. :mrgreen: