Anyone looking forward to Battlefield 3 when it comes out?

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Forum rules
This is an unofficial area of UFP to give officers an outlet to organize non trek games. Bickering, arguing, or any other unbecoming conduct by UFP officers will result in the loss of this forum.
BobO369
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Anyone looking forward to Battlefield 3 when it comes out?

Post by BobO369 »

It looks great but it is still just the same FPS that we have seen before. What do you think, anyone going to get it?
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Re: Anyone looking forward to Battlefield 3 when it comes ou

Post by Mr. D »

Yes and yes.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Pre-ordered. 8-)

And i think calling it just the same FPS we have seen before is a little off, considering its going to feature massive destructible environments on a scale never seen before in a FPS, plus it will be the first pure DirectX 11 title as well.
Kelbie

Post by Kelbie »

Pre-ordered at HMV.
Samsung 42inch Owner
Sony BDPS370 Player Owner
Samsung HT-C450 5.1 Owner
Sony PS3 1TB Owner
Samsung Galaxy S 32gb Owner
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

Alexraptor wrote:Pre-ordered. 8-)

And i think calling it just the same FPS we have seen before is a little off, considering its going to feature massive destructible environments on a scale never seen before in a FPS, plus it will be the first pure DirectX 11 title as well.
Bad Company 2. So we've already seen it. Just an improvement on that.
BobO369
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by BobO369 »

Mr. D wrote:

Yes this is what I was referring too. It does look like they have stepped it up a notch but it is still something we have seen before.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Mr. D wrote:

Except Bad Company 2 is just a spin off title, this is a real fully fledged BF game.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

Alexraptor wrote:
Mr. D wrote:

Except Bad Company 2 is just a spin off title, this is a real fully fledged BF game.

It's still a BF game. How does it having a different title make it any different?
Naruto
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Naruto »

normally i would agree with Alexraptor about spin offs, there are some games "IE Tom Clancy games" that have many spin offs and most of them are nothing like Rainbow Six

But in this case i have played both BC 2 and BF2 and other then the destruction and that BC 1&2 have a storyline, they are almost completely the same

I expect BF3 to be like BC2 but with improved graphics and even more destructive environment, it will also be the first of the main series to have a real storyline
Fourth Seat Councillor
First Fleet Executive Officer
Senior Fleet Records Officer
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Mr. D wrote:
Alexraptor wrote:
Mr. D wrote:

It's still a BF game. How does it having a different title make it any different?
The main battlefield games feature the full range of combined arms warfare, from infantry and tanks to helicopters and airplanes.
Battlefield 3 is the sequel to Battlefield 2 which Bad Company 2 is not(and BC2 completely lacks fighter combat).