Photography

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Re: Photography

Post by Mr. D »

Well, I'd like to see your better stuff. As for depth of field, my intention is to have extreme focus on the subject, rather than anything else in the background. That to me, is the very essence of macro anyway.
Costello

Post by Costello »

Mr. D wrote:As for depth of field, my intention is to have extreme focus on the subject, rather than anything else in the background. That to me, is the very essence of macro anyway.
+1

Macro photography = shallow depth-of-field. There are very few exceptions.

As for your landscapes - invest in a neutral density filter and a polariser filter. You'll find your blues bolder and highlights clipping less. Also try a higher aperture for that extra sharpness.
Bailo wrote:

Code: Select all

Very nice, Perhaps a wider depth of field could improve the pictures...heres a few of mine..i have literally thousands but as im short on time just picked out a few
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Bailey26/P3220089.jpg[/img]
The following two were taken while pursuing my hobbie of Urban Exploration, so not much photographical effort put into them.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Bailey26/P1010046.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Bailey26/P1010007.jpg[/img]

I do many other things other than Car streams, Underground tunnels, deserted military bases and creepy deserted buildings like mental asylums, hospitals, etc. such as animals, plants. I have to say the macro lens is probably my favorite to play with.
I'd like to see better, these are but snapshots using mostly pre-defined settings i.e. the light trail is improperly exposed, probably a metering issue (centre-weighted as opposed to spot). I think modern compacts / hybrids have that feature. But these shots don't appear to be produced by an SLR so these things are to be expected I suppose.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Korvin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Korvin »

I am in awe of your photographic abilities. I really like the shot of the goose. They move so quickly and to be able to capture such a perfect shot of something in motion and it not be at all blurry is just amazing. Oh and the picture of the mating mantises screamed the title Causa Mortis. Excellent, quality work.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

Korvin wrote:I am in awe of your photographic abilities. I really like the shot of the goose. They move so quickly and to be able to capture such a perfect shot of something in motion and it not be at all blurry is just amazing. Oh and the picture of the mating mantises screamed the title Causa Mortis. Excellent, quality work.
Thank you very, very much!
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Post by Shroombuck »

Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

WOW Shroom! These are awesome. You make my skills look pitiful. Superb.

:roll:
matronix07
Ensign
Ensign

Post by matronix07 »

Those look awesome. I especially like the top image. looks like something that could be used for a movie. You should probably put a portfolio together.
Tiberion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tiberion »

You should go find the mole men under NY city :P
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

matronix07 wrote:Those look awesome. I especially like the top image. looks like something that could be used for a movie. You should probably put a portfolio together.

Shroom didn't take those lightning pictures. I was being sarcastic.
Tiberion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tiberion »

Yeah was gonna say those pics look like the Iceland Volcano