Star Trek Online - Kick in the Teeth

This forum is for any information regarding new Star Trek games or multimedia.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Picard
Fleet Admiral Founder
Fleet Admiral Founder

Re: Star Trek Online - Kick in the Teeth

Post by Picard »

lol, Evoxness. Alexraptor takes all insults to STO very seriously. So don't take it personal.

It was a kick in the teeth for me too. I paid full price when it came out, played it a few times and never played it again. I remember seeing it online for a like 3$ over the holidays.

It sucks but they make their real money with monthly subscription so who can blame them. They want new blood.
Ret. Fleet Admiral Picard
United Federation of Planets
United Federation of Planets Fleet Admiral
2005-2006 and 2007-2010
magnis
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral

Post by magnis »

Well for my part the direction of the game is changing for the better.

In february Ask Cryptic segment i post a interesting question because i did not notice a famous and one of the best ship designers was not around. To my surprise He is still there just working on the great and dynamic revamp of the prometheus.

Q: UFP-Magnis: What happened to Cpt. Logan? I do not sense he is with you any longer.

A: CaptainLogan may not be posting as often as he likes because is a very busy designer at the moment! If you've recently played the "The Vault" Feature Episode you can see some of his latest work. CapLogan created the amazing exterior model for the base which was inspired from the Countdown comic series. If you're following me on Twitter @Cryptic_dStahl - I recently posted a picture of what he is currently working on - the Multi-Vector Assault Prometheus!

if you wish to take a look at all of ask cryptic read here is the link.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291
magnis
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral

Post by magnis »

here is a preview of things to come in STO, from the Dstahl man himself: :geek:

Keep in mind the Duty Officer system is still in design discussions and that is the "brainstorm" whiteboard - so nothing is definite yet.

For now, here's some basic concepts.
- a shuttle with new recruits shows up at your ship
- you meet your new recruits and then decide where they should be assigned on your duty roster
- you have an "active" duty roster - people that are assigned to continuously work in a specific department
- you have a "reserve" duty roster - which contains all the recruits that are not currently assigned
- active duty officers provide: passive abilities and bonuses, mission assignment unlocks, crafting unlocks, etc
- reserve duty officers can be sent on "assignments" (think Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)
- players have a maximum number of reserve officers they can have on their ship at any time
- some assignments are permanent (stay and study life on this planet; leave diplomats here; etc)
- some assignments have a difficulty and danger, with a chance that it could fail

so that should give you some idea of what we're thinking.

again - nothing final - but ideas about how we want you to use "crew" on your ship.

some interesting info but not set in stone. i am sure there will be changes to the system