DS9 Browser Game

This forum is for any information regarding new Star Trek games or multimedia.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Invincible
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

DS9 Browser Game

Post by Invincible »

Who says Niner fans get no joy. Today Gameforge, the world’s largest publisher of free-to-play browser games, issued a press release announcing they had chosen the Frankfurt developer Keen Games to produce their first free-to-play Star Trek game, now titled "Star Trek® – Infinite Space”. The browser-based multiplayer role playing game will be set in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine timeline.

Source: TrekMovie
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Re: DS9 Browser Game

Post by Carbonizer »

Judging by the quality of previous titles this should do well.

Especially since its not for prophet *cough*BethesdanStarTrekDAC*cough* Bloody hell, should get this cough seen to.
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain
X-fire: EVOXSNES

Post by EVOXSNES »

hmmm... saw a browser game not long ago.. but they closed down said they where bought out or soemthing... this is prob them.

anyone seen stexcalibur site and podcasts... the detail is amazing especially their 720p clips on youtube with space battle etc and the pyshics display... wonder if Alex is keeping an eye on the devs over there aswell o.O
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Nope, my attention is pretty much on STO these days.
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain

Post by EVOXSNES »

yeah... Excalibur looks good but in their last interview the guys said they wouldn't support initial MP unless they could easily do it... pretty much concentrating on single player atm
nick20050
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nick20050 »

interesting i will say
darkdaz

Post by darkdaz »

they got the game news on the www.startrekradio.com site aswell
All my posts are with respects
Regards
Darkdaz

Darkdazs Website
Kelbie

Post by Kelbie »

I'm going to support Excalibur all the way. For this DS9 game? i can't judge on it yet because there isn't a gameplay footage. Just CGI :(
Samsung 42inch Owner
Sony BDPS370 Player Owner
Samsung HT-C450 5.1 Owner
Sony PS3 1TB Owner
Samsung Galaxy S 32gb Owner
Petroph
Commander
Commander

Post by Petroph »

Kelbie wrote:I'm going to support Excalibur all the way. For this DS9 game? i can't judge on it yet because there isn't a gameplay footage. Just CGI :(
Agreed
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain

Post by EVOXSNES »

Well {UFP}'s news service has been busy, getting interviews from both St Excalibur and Infinte Space Devs - Infinite Space,the browser game.

According to the interview, Gameforge/Keen acquired Star Trek license back in june 2010. At The games core a "Unity 3D engine " which when he tried the demo, was impressive enough for Hathaway to comment, "I was impressed with the level of detail" as well as citing "A full level of detail that you wouldn't expect from a browser game" putting Call of Duty Modern Warfare in the same paragraph.

Notable collaborations from he guy who created LCARS and other set pieces as well as a story writer from TNG and an already keen development team and oyu have an interesting combination.

Link to full article, just goto page 22 for the interview... Excalibur interview is on earlier pages but nothing of consequence tbh.

http://www.ufplanets.com/ufp/fnn/herald ... index.html

Courtesy {UFP} News Service