Utah outlaws miscarraiges.

This forum is for political discussions, real world events and other such topics. Access is by subscription to the user group only (configurable in the User CP). WARNING: The views and beliefs in this forum do not reflect the views and beliefs of the owner of this forum or the leaders of this fleet ([UFP]). Accessing this forum is on your own will and we are not liable for any harm that may be caused. The following items are not tolerated under any conditions, in any forums: Hate, Racism, Nudity and Vulgar Language. Use of these and similar items will result in a ban from all [UFP] forums.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Costello

Re: Utah outlaws miscarraiges.

Post by Costello »

D'Jay wrote:how can religion influence politics at this level? hell, not even the Christianity vs Islam war here in Sweden is this bad...

You're kidding right? Despite America's founding Fathers denouncing religion as a sin itself (Jefferson, Franklin et al). America has printed "In God we trust" on its bills and modernistically, considers Christianity an 'American' thing.

In an interview with a Senator in a film called 'Religulous', the Senator fails to adequately defend his principles on religion and the interview ends with him stating "It's as well that you don't need an IQ test to be a Senator".

It's no surprise that politics is influenced by religion when the likes of Bush swear his decisions are almost divine at points, despite being mentally retarded. Then there is the wholly US term 'godspeed' and so on.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

that's exactly my problem. its 2010 for gods sake! religion should be left out of politics, period. i have friends who are muslims, jews, christians, hindu. and the only reason we can get along is that we leave religion out of everything. tell me is that so damn hard for others?

BTW i almost forgot. regarding sweden and the usa. one of the newspapers here in sweden asked 10000 people if they would vote in the american election if the could and approx. 70% said yes. so i guess sweden will be the next country that gets this retarded law. this explains why sweden is called america's 52nd state:-)
L.O.A.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Personally I think the world would be better off without religion. There are good principles within religion which should be kept but as for religion itself....nuh uh
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

no offense but that seems damn narrow minded. there is no problem with religion if everyone keeps it for himself/herself. you dont have to advertise every damn thing.
L.O.A.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I suppose it is narrow minded but it's the way I feel about it. Certain people here take it far too seriously and it drives me insane, aswell as it being forced upon us in school[during primary at least]
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

Ciaran wrote:I suppose it is narrow minded but it's the way I feel about it. Certain people here take it far too seriously and it drives me insane, aswell as it being forced upon us in school[during primary at least]

that i do agree with. religion should be kept out of school or education. and people trying to force religion onto others annoys me as well. but thats no reason to get rid of religion itself, its the people who need to, quite frankly F¤¤¤ off.
L.O.A.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Fair point. Agreed
Costello

Post by Costello »

D'Jay wrote:no offense but that seems damn narrow minded. there is no problem with religion if everyone keeps it for himself/herself. you dont have to advertise every damn thing.

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." - John Adams

"Can a free government possibly exist with the Roman Catholic religion?" - letter to Thomas Jefferson

America's founding Fathers were deists. They were not Christian, so I find it inexplicable that America has this obsession with divinity.

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?"
-letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

Religion is a corrupt system that has plagued this Earth for far too long and has been the proponent of an incalculable amount of bloodshed. Buddhism is the only model of belief that cherishes all life, unlike Christianity or Islam, that define non-believers as infidels though the Qu'ran is indeed more explicit.

The problem is not with religious faith, but with religious organisation. Unfortunately they are difficult to separate.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

delta
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral
X-fire: ufpdelta1135

Post by delta »

I feel that religion itself is the problem. Everybody is out there screaming "MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD! BECAUSE YOUR GOD IS LAME!"

I find it irritating to have to listen to this bullshit when I go out. If anybody has any doubts I suggest you go watch the video George Carlin - Religion is bullshit
Signed,
Division Rear Admiral Delta1135
Chief of Starship Engineering
Image Image
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Actually religion is not a corrupt system, its what men has done with religion that is corrupt.
Lets face it, the world would be a mess even without religion, its an excuse to justify attacking and killing a people that is different from you and that you do not like.
Was there no religion, then mankind would just find another reason of justifying their bloodshed.