Atari Buying Cryptic

This forum is for any information regarding new Star Trek games or multimedia.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Alexraptor

Re: Atari Buying Cryptic

Post by Alexraptor »

Alexraptor wrote:I got a bad feeling about this, in recent years Atari have not had too much interest in fully supporting their games, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Deer Hunter series ect.

Looks like my bad feeling was well founded.
Atari in the process of screwing over their launch customers by now offering the Collectors Edition at discount with 60 or 90 days free trial(its not entirely clear which), something that has set the STO forums ablaze with anger and protests.
Kevak
Captain
Captain

Post by Kevak »

Oh wow...well where's my 60 to 90 free days trial?!?!?

Atari is such a $&$* company!

:evil:
OIF 09-10 Veteran (US Army)
kayoh

Post by kayoh »

AAARGH!

I spent all that money, and only got a 30 day trial..

Uh, NO. BLARG. Atari, you (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)ing pieces of (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP). Go (BEEP) your (BEEP)ing (BEEP) you (BEEEEEEEP)!!!

..There. I feel better now.
pooperscooper
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by pooperscooper »

Companies change their deals you get everyday. Grocery stores are a prime example of this. One day you can get a pound of beef for 2.50 and the next its back up to 3.50. If this same 2 month free time had of started 6 months after launch then there would be people that would feel robbed and would complain about it. Same would happen after a year.
Whiskers

Post by Whiskers »

Meh. Most companies do similar things, don't delude yourself into thinking this is a unique situation. It's a way to encourage more players and make money.
Kevak
Captain
Captain

Post by Kevak »

Yeah, but they probably should have given it a bit more thought. I'm over it now, but from the looks of the STO forums most people are not...thats just how trekkies are...finicky and picky :roll:
OIF 09-10 Veteran (US Army)
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain
X-fire: EVOXSNES

Post by EVOXSNES »

Whiskers wrote:Meh. Most companies do similar things, don't delude yourself into thinking this is a unique situation. It's a way to encourage more players and make money.

And i say good one them, bout time they started milking and doing whatever it takes to make a Star Trek Game a cash cow

it would be better for all of us
Whiskers

Post by Whiskers »

EVOXSNES wrote:
Whiskers wrote:Meh. Most companies do similar things, don't delude yourself into thinking this is a unique situation. It's a way to encourage more players and make money.

And i say good one them, bout time they started milking and doing whatever it takes to make a Star Trek Game a cash cow

it would be better for all of us

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But yeah, actually. I hadn't thought of that before but it's completely true. Star Trek gaming has never been very successful (really, in the bigger picture.) and Star Trek Online could be the most successful yet. The developer's should do everything they can do get money from it. Otherwise Star Trek gaming will always be a niche market, won't sell very well and will die out completely in a few years.
Kelbie

Post by Kelbie »

Lets not forget Star Trek Excalibur AKA BC2. It will be around in a few years, maybe less.
Samsung 42inch Owner
Sony BDPS370 Player Owner
Samsung HT-C450 5.1 Owner
Sony PS3 1TB Owner
Samsung Galaxy S 32gb Owner
Whiskers

Post by Whiskers »

Pixy wrote:Lets not forget Star Trek Excalibur AKA BC2. It will be around in a few years, maybe less.

Meh. The project has halted so many times already I'm not sure it'll ever be finished.