Atari Buying Cryptic

This forum is for any information regarding new Star Trek games or multimedia.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Bailo
Commodore
Commodore

Atari Buying Cryptic

Post by Bailo »

Atari (more specifically INFOGAMES) is buying cryptic studios. What does this mean for star trek online? if anything?
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/127
Naruto
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Atari Buying Cryptic

Post by Naruto »

i hope it will just be buisness as usual.....

if it doesn't and STO is canceled, then we know STO is cursed.....
Fourth Seat Councillor
First Fleet Executive Officer
Senior Fleet Records Officer
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

I got a bad feeling about this, in recent years Atari have not had too much interest in fully supporting their games, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Deer Hunter series ect.
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Bailo »

don't say that alex :S...it scares me...
greeny

Post by greeny »

hahaha i highly doubt u have anything to worry about, cryptic has invested to much into STO..as such i really doubt atari would give up on a game thats almost done..but if they do..then shit happens:)
Whiskers

Post by Whiskers »

greeny wrote:hahaha i highly doubt u have anything to worry about, cryptic has invested to much into STO..as such i really doubt atari would give up on a game thats almost done..but if they do..then shit happens:)

I'm very hopeful that STO will work out to be supported for many a year, and attract many players. However, if Atari should fail to support the game for a long time and STO does not get as many fans as I hope, then Star Trek Gaming is close to dead. Look at how many clans have died in the past few years, and how inactive even the most active clans have become. Even [UFP] doesn't have a high amount of active members.

But hopefully, like I said, things will turn out well. If STO is a success, the Star Trek Gaming Community should live on for a while yet. :D
Carbonizer
X-fire: carbonizerjay

Post by Carbonizer »

`Putting your eggs in one basket is a bad idea. As the bigger kiddies could come and squash them`
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

And I thought Atari had dropped off the face of the earth...interesting.
*cocks eyebrow in best "The Rock" impression*
EVOXSNES
Captain
Captain
X-fire: EVOXSNES

Post by EVOXSNES »

greeny wrote:hahaha i highly doubt u have anything to worry about, cryptic has invested to much into STO..as such i really doubt atari would give up on a game thats almost done..but if they do..then shit happens:)

Yep, especially since the movie is soo close to release and thats sure to help sales.
Alexander
Retired
Retired

Post by Alexander »

It is as someone out there really works on a project to either stall or more likely, completely destroy everything Star Trek alike to the very end. Who and why...he knows it alone but that's my conclusion. Star Trek is a beautiful show, all of ST but I'm afraid, we'll have to say goodbye to all of it in the next few years.

I'm hopeful that latest film will attract some interest but even that is likely to fail. It looks like a last dying breath of a giant once called Star Trek Franchise. Anyway, what's done is done...Alex is right. We needed a break after Voyager a few ST films placed in the near or further future of ST Universe and all would be just fine but noooo, a step into the past is the answer...bloody prequels, what is wrong with this picture I ask?
Someone contact me on my mail...I have password issues..c'mon anyone?
Vice Admiral Alexander