And it continues

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Hightower

And it continues

Post by Hightower »

Well it looking like the hackers have been busy over the past couple of months first Sony then Nintendo and now Code-master's
The personal details of thousands of people have been stolen after hackers targeted British games developer Code-masters.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13731822 who's next?

A hacking group have hinted that the National Health Service is vulnerable to attack. its getting a bit scary now that its so easy to get past lock out ans password's. where will it end?
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Re: And it continues

Post by Mr. D »

and queue the internet kill switch! :evil:
Whiskers

Post by Whiskers »

I wouldn't worry about it. The attack on Sony was understandable, though stupid. The hack of PSN has encouraged many wannabe hackers from around the world to give it a go unfortunately, hence all this shit. I doubt the attacks on Nintendo and Codemasters (Not that I know anything about them) were committed by the same people.
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

Perhaps its time to let the big boys handle this:

Eric Beale: I used the VNC controller to piggyback the upload with a trojan and corrupt the streaming data packets by initiating stack overflow.

Henrietta 'Hetty' Lange: In English, Mr. Beale.

Eric Beale: I broke the Internet.

I'm seriously getting paranoid. And I'm guessing if the NHS can be hacked, my system isn't as secure as I'd like to think... Without the "mainframe" I cant even turn the bloody lights on.
L.O.A.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

D'Jay wrote:Perhaps its time to let the big boys handle this:

Eric Beale: I used the VNC controller to piggyback the upload with a trojan and corrupt the streaming data packets by initiating stack overflow.

Henrietta 'Hetty' Lange: In English, Mr. Beale.

Eric Beale: I broke the Internet.

I'm seriously getting paranoid. And I'm guessing if the NHS can be hacked, my system isn't as secure as I'd like to think... Without the "mainframe" I cant even turn the bloody lights on.

Nothing is secure, IMO. AVs aren't 100% accurate and firewalls aren't 100% hack proof.
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

Mr. D wrote:Nothing is secure, IMO. AVs aren't 100% accurate and firewalls aren't 100% hack proof.
I know that. But if a system made by a dozen blokes with ph.d's is so easy to hack as they claim. i wonder how a secure mine could possibly be. hell, it was made by an 18 year old IT security student. now, i'm good, but not that good.
L.O.A.