Pirates of the Burning Sea

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Forum rules
This is an unofficial area of UFP to give officers an outlet to organize non trek games. Bickering, arguing, or any other unbecoming conduct by UFP officers will result in the loss of this forum.
Alexraptor

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Post by Alexraptor »

So lets forget about the generic MMO's and WoW clones!
Has or does anyone play this rather unique MMORPG?

http://www.burningsea.com/

I hear that some of the people in Cryptic now working on STO used to work on this game back in the day.
And like so many other non-WoW MMO's these days it is now also Free To Play.
But be warned, it is not a game for the faint of heart.
Very intense PvP and the waters around virtually any port can very quickly turn dangerous.

Also has some pretty intense and epic port battles up to 50 players in everything from frigates to mighty Third-rate ship-of-the-lines with 70-80 guns.

Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea

Post by Shroombuck »

lame
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Your lame
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

I play(ed) it. I haven't in quite sometime though. It's....okish. I hate ground though. It's...odd.

If I remember correctly I have a Defiant.
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Post by Shroombuck »

Alexraptor wrote:Your lame
As I am, you will be.
Tiberion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tiberion »

I played it, but it got very frustrating having players hunt me down when I was new with these huge battleships and galleon. It sucks that when ur ship sinks you lose everything and have to start over, especially when you are new.
Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

Mr. D wrote:I play(ed) it. I haven't in quite sometime though. It's....okish. I hate ground though. It's...odd.

If I remember correctly I have a Defiant.
When did you play last? Because ground combat got a complete revamp i think about a year or more after launch.
Tiberion wrote:I played it, but it got very frustrating having players hunt me down when I was new with these huge battleships and galleon. It sucks that when ur ship sinks you lose everything and have to start over, especially when you are new.
Thats why you need to stay out of the "red circles" on the map, then you will be fine. ;)
And you usually don't quite loose everything.
You loose unsecured cargo which is raw materials and crafting stuff, but you do not loose ship equipment you have in the cargo hold or quest rewards or items like that.
You also only loose your ship completely when it runs out of durability points, which can be refilled.
Mr. D
Captain
Captain

Post by Mr. D »

I don't remember to be honest. I tried to log in the other day but apparently I have to reset my password and I can't remember the old one.

@ Tiberion: Avoid RED like it's the plague. That's what I do. If it takes up a between the island and the mainland, I will make a point to go all the way around the map just to avoid it. Ya never know when you will get ganked.