Star Trek - Predator: The Infestation discussion

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason. Be warned that officers past and present are fair game in the Entertainment Forum. The views of the officers in this forum do not represent the views of UFP as a whole.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

delta
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral
X-fire: ufpdelta1135

Star Trek - Predator: The Infestation discussion

Post by delta »

I enjoy how Intrepid reprises his role as the Commanding Officer of Engineering :P
Signed,
Division Rear Admiral Delta1135
Chief of Starship Engineering
Image Image
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Re: Star Trek - Predator: The Infestation

Post by Shroombuck »

Maybe we should make an RP forum...
Kieran
X-fire: kieranloftus

Re: Star Trek - Predator: The Infestation

Post by Kieran »

Only people allowed to post here are myself and David, if you are interested in RPing then talk to me
Said the Oh Wise Naruto.. you can move this if wanted. :P
FC Kieran
TParis
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)
Fleet Admiral (Ret.)

Re: Star Trek - Predator: The Infestation discussion

Post by TParis »

You three fail at role playing.
Kelbie

Post by Kelbie »

TParis wrote:You three fail at role playing.
OWNED!
Samsung 42inch Owner
Sony BDPS370 Player Owner
Samsung HT-C450 5.1 Owner
Sony PS3 1TB Owner
Samsung Galaxy S 32gb Owner
Naruto
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Naruto »

did i miss something? :?: :?
Fourth Seat Councillor
First Fleet Executive Officer
Senior Fleet Records Officer
Shroombuck
Senator
Senator

Post by Shroombuck »

TParis wrote:You three fail at role playing.
David Craft
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by David Craft »

The term 'RPG" and 'Role Playing' was carried over from UFDF and was around way before Rob or I joined... which was a LONG time ago.

What we mean actually is what you see there. The ppl involved are assigned a character and they detail, in story mode, the actions of that character. The ppl involved discus with one another a vague outline of the plot but are each responsible for advancing the plot based on their character's point of view. They are also responsible for keeping the story reasonable. We had a few ppl in UFDF which had a bad habit of creating 'God-characters' or 'God-Ships.' Example:

"The USS Godship warps in and David Craft on the bridge sees the intense battle going on between 50 Starfleet ships verses 5 Borg cubes. He orders torpedoes launched, full spread, and hits all 5 cubes, critically damaging them all. He laughs as the Borg are forced to retreat."

It is a fun group-based way to write a story essentially with some weak 'RP' elements involved. At it's peak in UFDF, about 10 people would be involved in one Story (with like 3 or 4 stories going on at the same time), each posting once or twice a day. Rob and I are trying to show off the possibilities and hope to get some of you involved. Please contact either of us if you want to talk about the story or if you want to get fully involved ;-)

~David

PS Yes an RP Forum (or w/e you wish to call it, lol) would be awesome ^_^
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
~ Jean-Luc Picard quoting Aaron Satie
Naruto
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Naruto »

David Craft wrote:The term 'RPG" and 'Role Playing' was carried over from UFDF and was around way before Rob or I joined... which was a LONG time ago.

What we mean actually is what you see there. The ppl involved are assigned a character and they detail, in story mode, the actions of that character. The ppl involved discus with one another a vague outline of the plot but are each responsible for advancing the plot based on their character's point of view. They are also responsible for keeping the story reasonable. We had a few ppl in UFDF which had a bad habit of creating 'God-characters' or 'God-Ships.' Example:

"The USS Godship warps in and David Craft on the bridge sees the intense battle going on between 50 Starfleet ships verses 5 Borg cubes. He orders torpedoes launched, full spread, and hits all 5 cubes, critically damaging them all. He laughs as the Borg are forced to retreat."

It is a fun group-based way to write a story essentially with some weak 'RP' elements involved. At it's peak in UFDF, about 10 people would be involved in one Story (with like 3 or 4 stories going on at the same time), each posting once or twice a day. Rob and I are trying to show off the possibilities and hope to get some of you involved. Please contact either of us if you want to talk about the story or if you want to get fully involved ;-)

~David

PS Yes an RP Forum (or w/e you wish to call it, lol) would be awesome ^_^
i was planing on posting something like this but you beat me to it, but that's fine, you explained it much beter then i would have :P

On an aditinal note, what do you guys think of the story itself so far?
Fourth Seat Councillor
First Fleet Executive Officer
Senior Fleet Records Officer