How can society act like this:

This forum is for political discussions, real world events and other such topics. Access is by subscription to the user group only (configurable in the User CP). WARNING: The views and beliefs in this forum do not reflect the views and beliefs of the owner of this forum or the leaders of this fleet ([UFP]). Accessing this forum is on your own will and we are not liable for any harm that may be caused. The following items are not tolerated under any conditions, in any forums: Hate, Racism, Nudity and Vulgar Language. Use of these and similar items will result in a ban from all [UFP] forums.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

Taylynn
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral

How can society act like this:

Post by Taylynn »

I jsut do not get why people act the way they do and just does not give a rats butt about anyone except for themselves.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/m ... 2F19452892

Division Rear Admiral Taylynn
Deputy Chief of Engineers
Forum Admin
Site Development Team
Records Officer
Janeway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How can society act like this:

Post by Janeway »

Taylynn wrote:I jsut do not get why people act the way they do and just does not give a rats butt about anyone except for themselves.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/m ... 2F19452892

I can tell you why: homeless man, New York City. In New York City it's best to just stay with the group you're with and avoid areas and people like the ones mentioned in the article. Seriously, can you honestly tell me if you saw a homeless man lying face down from being stabbed in the middle of a borough like Queens, would you really stop and help? I know I wouldn't and I know many people who would do the same - just keep on walking, possibly at a bit of a faster pace to get to a vehicle.
Signed,
Lieutenant Commander Janeway
Task Force One, Third Fleet
United Federation of Planets
Taylynn
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral

Post by Taylynn »

I could care less if he was homeless, he is still a human being and yes I would stop and helop. I do not care if it is NY, or LA, he still have the rights of a human and should be treated like one.

Forum Admin
Site Development Team
Records Officer
Janeway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Janeway »

Taylynn wrote:I could care less if he was homeless, he is still a human being and yes I would stop and helop. I do not care if it is NY, or LA, he still have the rights of a human and should be treated like one.

I would be more inclined to stop and help in Los Angeles county depending on where it is then New York City. Still though, I'd be less inclined to stop if he looked homeless because I'd be more concerned of being robbed or victimized in some other way.

It's interesting to see you say this now, how badly it was written, but I'm more then willing to bet you wouldn't stop to help in a place like where this incident took place.
Signed,
Taylynn
Division Rear Admiral
Division Rear Admiral

Post by Taylynn »

Yes I would stop and help. It does NOT matter where it is. Again he is still a human being dying on the ground in his own blood. With all due respect but you are low. Remind me not to be hurt anywhere near you.....I second thought, now that I see you do not care that another is hurting, I hope I never run into you if I am hurting.

This is discussion it over. I should have never have posted this knowing there was someone in this fleet that actually does not care about another human being.

The Admirals Council can reprimand me if they care too but its just sad knowing this.

Forum Admin
Site Development Team
Records Officer
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

It just goes to show you the general attitude of New York, that not a single person bothered to do a thing. If this were in another state I could probably guarantee that it would have been a different situation. The impressions and vibes I got from New York were people who just went on with their daily routines regardless of what was around them, busy busy busy. I was more than happy to leave the state when the first opportunity arose.
But is sad that such an act of kindness was repaid by the complete ignorance of others in his last moments of life.
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

Janeway wrote:I would be more inclined to stop and help in Los Angeles county depending on where it is then New York City. Still though, I'd be less inclined to stop if he looked homeless because I'd be more concerned of being robbed or victimized in some other way.

It's interesting to see you say this now, how badly it was written, but I'm more then willing to bet you wouldn't stop to help in a place like where this incident took place.

are you bloody serious? are you really more concerned about being robbed the helping another human being? damn, man. thats just, wrong... i have no other way of putting it. and just to point out i live in sweden's probably most violent city. and i wouldn't hesitate to help...
L.O.A.
Janeway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Janeway »

Taylynn wrote:Yes I would stop and help. It does NOT matter where it is. Again he is still a human being dying on the ground in his own blood. With all due respect but you are low. Remind me not to be hurt anywhere near you.....I second thought, now that I see you do not care that another is hurting, I hope I never run into you if I am hurting.

This is discussion it over. I should have never have posted this knowing there was someone in this fleet that actually does not care about another human being.

The Admirals Council can reprimand me if they care too but its just sad knowing this.

Excusing you for your bad English, you should take a look at Ciaran's post. It's bloody New York City. Don't try to play it like you would of stopped during the middle of the night in some ghetto area of NYC. It's easy to say it now but it wouldn't be so easy if the actual situation arose. Don't get full of yourself.

Also, this is the Political Forum, I wouldn't see why the Admiral's Council would reprimand you for a comment in the political forum.

D'Jay wrote:are you bloody serious? are you really more concerned about being robbed the helping another human being? damn, man. thats just, wrong... i have no other way of putting it. and just to point out i live in sweden's probably most violent city. and i wouldn't hesitate to help...

The full quote D'Jay is "...robbed or victimized in some other way." You don't go to New York City and get into other people's business, especially if you're in a bad part of the city. Just take a look at Ciaran's post if you need an explanation to that. You live in Sweden's probably most violent city, but, and excuse me for calling it this, not all of us live in some crime infested horrible place to live city. You might actually be the only one I would believe about not hesitating to help since you live in a location that I would consider "bad."
Signed,
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

Janeway wrote:The full quote D'Jay is "...robbed or victimized in some other way." You don't go to New York City and get into other people's business, especially if you're in a bad part of the city. Just take a look at Ciaran's post if you need an explanation to that. You live in Sweden's probably most violent city, but, and excuse me for calling it this, not all of us live in some crime infested horrible place to live city. You might actually be the only one I would believe about not hesitating to help since you live in a location that I would consider "bad."

yeah, sorry about that. i read it too quickly. anyway, i completely understand your point. it could be a setup or other some other crap. if you dont help, its understandable. i dont agree and i think its wrong but that's just my opinion. because of swedish law, i'd probably think twice but ultimately i'd help and face the consequences rather then be like those people in the video. i've actually been in quite a mess because of that. thank god for my ability to talk me out of everything...

and about Södertälje (aka little baghdad). its quite a sad story actually. where i live, its relatively quiet and calm but 5 minutes by car and they jack your car without even hesitating. or the Södertälje harbour (3min by car) is swedens biggest black market for illegal weapons. we've got multiple gangs: ronna boys, bandidos, hells angels, syrian sind (syrianska synden).
i've actually been offered a gun on multiple occasions and most of the guns are hot. although i think a gun is a bit overkill i carry a pocket knife with me at all times. sure it wont help against a gun but it'll even the odds at hand to hand... and believe it or not, even with all its flaws i like this town. too bad it ended up like this...
L.O.A.